· Biblically centered study of God's design for marriage
· Six 45 to 90 minute sessions, DVD/video based interactive studies
· Includes group and couple interaction
· Includes fun date nights for couples
God can turn any marriage into a masterpiece.
Every marriage is unique, expressed by the colorful personalities of each spouse and textured by the circumstances at play in their lives. Blending these to make marriage work is a divinely inspired art form — challenging to master but definitely worth the effort.
The Art of Marriage weaved together expert teaching, engaging stories, man-on-the-street interviews, humorous vignettes and much more to portray the hope and beauty of God's design for marriage, and now the same great content is available in a six-week study format. The Art of Marriage small-group series topics include:
· Love Happens: God's Purpose and Plan
· Love Fades: Overcoming Isolation
· Love Dances: Fulfilling Our Responsibilities
· Love Interrupted: Communication and Conflict
· Love Sizzles: Experiencing Real Intimacy
· Love Always: Leaving a Lasting Legacy
With minimal preparation, The Art of Marriage small-group series can make a lasting impact in the marriages in your church and community.
· Kick-off meeting will be on Feb. 18, 2023
· Visit Living Hope Christian Church website for registration
· Contact Erwin Cruz @ 604 762 0853 for more details
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Who will feel comfortable attending?
Anyone willing to invest time and effort on their marriage will benefit. As a discussion-oriented series, participants will be encouraged to be candid about their own challenges and questions. While the material is biblically based, this is not a bible study per se; no prior understanding of biblical concepts is required.
2. How would the facilitator and participant meet?
At this time, The Art of Marriage team have decided to meet via zoom.
3. What tools/equipment would a participant need?
Since this will be done via online meeting, each participant will need a PC, a cell phone, or a tablet to participate. Workbook will also be provided.
4. What is the time commitment?
The six sessions are intended to be done in successively weekly gatherings. Other intervals will work. Our Living Hope facilitators have effectively done it every other week as is gives flexibility with the participant while keeping the material fresh in their minds and promote better discussion.
Each session can be completed in 60 mins. A session consists of a 20-25 minute video segment, followed by group discussion that is driven by the question provided in the workbook.
5. Does this event only cater young or new couples?
We have discovered that to have the maximum impact, it would be ideal to have group with participants at different stages of their marriage. We believe that young or old have their own unique experiences that both can share and learn from.
6. Is this like marriage mentoring?
Although this material is not meant for one-on-one marriage mentoring, an opportunity will be presented during the session to offer mentoring.
7. Is it available at Rightnow Media?
The Art of Marriage video session is also available at Rightnow Media, so you might want to register to access it.